The Scofield Study Bible III, NKJV
This book, which represents a quantum leap in the development of the respected Scofield® Study Bible, combines a popular modern Bible translation with the highly regarded Scofield® study system. The new edition includes a host of useful features that are sure to enhance the augmentation (not revision) of this renowned one-volume resource, thereby broadening its readership.
This brown/tan basket weave edition combines the renowned Scofield® study notes and reference system with the New King James Version, one of the most popular modern Bible translations available. This bible also comes in a protective two-piece box.
The New King James Version, Reader's Edition includes: An exclusive subject-based topical chain reference system for following major themes throughout the entirety of Scripture; over 100 factual articles, charts, and lists that put a wealth of fascinating information at the reader's fingertips;
expanded introductions that include detailed outlines of each book; study note biblical references in the familiar, "chapter-and-verse" format; bottom-of-the-page study notes that permit quick retrieval of interesting data; a striking page design and easy-to-read typeface; in-text black-and-white maps that orient the reader to geographical references in the biblical text; notes crucial to understanding the Scofield® are formatted as accessible, in-text articles; sectional headings have been added for ease in following God's guiding hand in human history; and, there are 16 pages of accurate,
full-color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features) that illustrate the biblical world.
- An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system.
- Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists.
- Expanded introductions with detailed outlines of each book.
- An expanded Subject index.
- Study not biblical references are in "chapter-and-verse" format.
- Side-column references are grouped by chapter and verse.
- Over 550 in-text definitions of proper nouns for people and place names.
- Nearly 70 in-text black and white maps and charts.
- In-text articles of nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield®.
- Indexes to Proper Nouns, Chain References, and Subjects.
- 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features).
- Bottom-of-the-page study notes.
- Sectional headings.
- Select NKJV Concordance.